Seasonal Weight Limits
Between January 15 and April 15, Seasonal Weight Limits will be re-evaluated each Monday and Thursday morning (or as conditions may dictate) and posted on our website.
For health related emergencies that would require a waiver from the Seasonal Weight Limits, please contact the Woodford County Health Department at 309-467-3064.
The seasonal weight limits are lifted. See you next year.
Please note there have been a few changes in recent years to which county highways may have exceptions applied to locations on the road (See below).
Throughout the year we can continue to add names to our email/text distribution list for the road status updates. Go to the Notify Me button on any page and enter your information.
The Woodford County Highway Department, in accordance with 625 ILCS 5/15-316, is allowed by ordinance to post County Highways for weight limitations during the spring when roads are soft. The current seasonal weight limit in Woodford County is 5 tons per axle. When in place, all County Highways and Township Roads will be affected by these weight limits except for the following locations:
- County Highway #1 - from IL Route 116 to CH #11
- County Highway #11 - from CH #1 to IL Route 89
- County Highway #2 - from I-39 to the east end of CH #2 in Minonk, Illinois
- County Highway #3 - from Cruger to U.S. Route 24
- County Highway #5 - from Secor to U.S. Route 24
- County Highway #5 - from IL Route 116 to 1,100 feet north of IL Route 116 to the IDOT maintenance shed
- County Highway #8 - from U.S. Route 150 to 1.25 miles north of U.S. Route 150
- County Highway #13 - from Front Street in Roanoke to the Woodford County Highway Department
- County Highway #21 - from the south Village limit to Congerville to U.S. Route 150
- County Highway #23 - Entire highway
- County Highway #24 - from Low Point to IL Route 89
These load limitations may be posted anytime between January 15 and April 15 and will be the same for all County Highways and Township Roads covered by the various ordinances.
We continually update our contact list for emailing and texting information on the weight limit restrictions. Please click the Notify Me button on any page and enter your information if you do not currently receive our email/text updates during the January 15 to April 15 time period.